Mehrya Memories

Mehrya OS: Love you forever!!


Hey, my fellow ZKMians, this is my short OS on Mehrya - a jodi that I fell in love with 4 years back and was also responsible for turning me into a writer. This was one of the one-shots that I had written on them. Please do read and leave your valuable inputs.






Mehak barged into his office like a storm and held his collar.

Mehak angrily: What do you think of yourself? How dare you Shaurya? How could you do this to me?

Shaurya was checking his mails on his laptop when Mehak entered his cabin. He was taken aback by her action. Never had she behaved with him like that. Hell, no one had dared to talk to him that way.

He shouted at her angrily: What the hell Ms. Sharma? Back off...How dare you talk to me like that!

He was trying to wriggle himself free from her hold but it seemed she was stronger for him.

Mehak angrily: Ohh now I am Ms. Sharma for you again ha? Girgit bhi itne rang nahi badalta jitne tum badalte ho Shaurya.

Shaurya pushed her and walked to his table: Behave yourself Ms. Sharma. You are my employee and you will be always one. I have always called you that. Nothing has changed.

He said that all with a straight face.

Mehak looked at him and said: Really Shaurya? Nothing has changed? Wow...You are amazing...No seriously. Every time I think I know you, I realize how wrong I am in believing that. But you cannot control my life Shaurya. You have no right.

Shaurya looked at her and said: What nonsense are you talking about? I have done nothing, so stop accusing me.

Mehak went to him and pulled him by his arm and spoke: Really...Didn't you ask Karuna Mam to talk to my chachi for Vicky's proposal?

Mehak looked at him with questioning eyes. Shaurya avoided her gaze and nodded.

Shaurya: Ye..Yes I did. So isme galat kya kiya? You should be happy that itni acchi family se rishta aaya hai.

Mehak : Why?

Shaurya angrily: What do you mean why? Vicky likes you and Maa likes you too. She thought you are an ideal match for my brother and I agree with her view. What is so wrong with that?

Mehak half-smiled: Did you ask Karuna Mam to talk to chachi for the proposal?

Shaurya knew it was difficult to handle Mehak in this state. She wouldn't leave unless she gets all the answers to all her questions.

Shaurya frustratingly: Fine. I did. So?

Mehak held both his arms and made him look at her: So? You are asking me that Shaurya? After the conversation that we had 2 days ago, you think what you did was right.

Shaurya: I don't remember any such thing. Now, will you please leave? I have a lot of work to finish.

He tried to move but she pinned him to the wall and blocked his way with her arms.

Shaurya was surprised with her strength. She looked fierce.

Shaurya calmly: Mehak listen, we can talk about this later. This is not the right time...

Mehak cut him off: Not the right time? THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME SHUARYA. I WANT MY ANSWERS NOW.

Shaurya shouted: Fine. I did it. I asked Maa to talk to your family members .Happy now?

Mehak: No not yet. Then what about what you said to me that day in the car? What did that mean?

Shaurya angrily: It meant nothing Mehak.

Mehak: I guess you have memory issues. Let me remind you what you said. You said that you like talking to me. You like being around me and I am the only one with whom you feel like sharing your secrets and fears with. Didn't you say so?

Shaurya tried to move but she was adamant.

Shaurya: Ok I said that but it was in the heat of the moment. It doesn't hold any relevance now.

Mehak: Why? What happened now? For the past two months, knowingly and unknowingly, we both had grown fond of each other. I knew you were going to propose to me that day but you didn't. I know tht you feared that I might reject it but you know well Shaurya what I feel for you.

She had poured her heart to him. He could see the sincerity in her eyes when she said so.

Yes, it was true. He was going to propose to her that day but at the last moment he developed cold feet. She had been working with him at his hotel for the last two months and in these two months, he had started to see her in a different light. He realized how wrong and rude he was with her during the ISC days. He had come to like her friendly and down to earth nature.

He still remembered the Mumbai trip when he realized he had fallen for this ethereal beauty. For the trip, they had to travel to Mumbai to meet some delegates. He had massively fallen sick due to the spicy food that he had eaten at the dhaba on their way. For two straight days, he couldn't get up from his bed but Mehak looked after him and took care of him. She would cook healthy food for him in the kitchen of the hotel and made sure to give his medicines on time. When they had returned back home and saw her leaving from the airport to her house, that's when he admitted to himself that he was in love with her.

He knew that she was the one he wanted to spend his life with and decided to propose to her but he forgot that such happiness is not meant for someone like him whose life has always been marred with failures and sadness.

Shaurya: What you feel for me is plain attraction Mehak. It is your infatuation. That's it!

Mehak looked at him and smiled: Infatuation? Who do you think I am? A 15 year old schoolgirl? I am mature enough to understand the difference between love and infatuation Shaurya.

Shaurya knew she loved him too as much as he did but he knew this was all wrong. He wanted to see her happy and she would definitely be not happy with someone like him.

Shaurya held her arms softly and made her look at him: Mehak, listen to me once. Vicky is a great guy. I have seen you both getting along so well. You two are perfect for each other. Please do not reject him. He loves you very much.

Mehak angrily: So? Should I marry every guy who loves me Shaurya? Is this is what I should do?

Shaurya shouted: Hell Mehak, why aren't you understanding. I don't love you. I have never loved you.

Mehak: Yehi baat meri aankhon mein aankhein daal ke kaho Shaurya toh main mano.

Shaurya moved far from her: Mehak, all these things are stupid. I won't do any of that.

Mehak half smiled: Of course, its stupid. If it is so stupid, toh kar kyun nahi rahe ho?

Shaurya shouted: Tumhari problem kya hai Mehak?

Mehak angrily : Meri problem yeh hai ki you are not realizing that I love you and not Vicky and wont marry anyone else so please get that through your thick head once and for all.

Shaurya didn't know what to do to make her understand. She seemed to be adamant in marrying him.

Shaurya: Mehak, please think about your future, your family. He is the right choice for you.

Mehak pulled his arm and made him look at her: I don't care about my future. All I care about is you Shaurya. I want to spend my life with you and only you.

Shaurya angrily: Do you even know what you are talking about Mehak? Kitna jaanti ho meri bare mein? You only know that Karuna Maa is my step mother but do you know the truth about my father. He killed my mother so that he could marry Maa and usurp her property. I am the illegitimates son of this family. I wasn't born rich and elite like Vicky. Do you know his father Sanjay Kapoor?  The entire Kapoor clan hates me coz of my father. They don't leave a single chance to insult and taunt me. I have made this business empire so big coz of my sweat and blood. And now I am gonna lose all of this.

Mehak: Shaurya what are you talking about?

Shaurya sadly: Mehak , I have suffered huge losses in the Share market and  the share prices of my company have gone down miserably. Besides, Svetlana's ex husband KD has filed a 10 crore case against me for stealing the concept of his new restaurant. I have huge debts to pay off Mehak. I have my own problems to deal with. Please understand.

Mehak had no idea about all that Shaurya was going through. They would talk about all the random things - be it her fights with her siblings or her new recipes but never had Shaurya spoken about his work. They wouldn't discuss anything related to work whenever they met or talked on the phone. Why couldn't she see any of that.

Shaurya had tears in his eyes. He thought that of himself as a failure. Mehak wiped his tears and held his face: Bas isliye you don't me to marry you? Shaurya when will you understand that money is not everything.

Shaurya: You are right Mehak, money is not everything but family is. You come from a well educated traditional family or should I say the "ideal sanskaari" family. You deserve Vicky who is the heir of the Kapoor family and not a bas***d son like me. Your family would never accept someone like me for you Mehak and I don't want to spoil your life. I am a loser and will always be one.

Mehak: Shaurya, you are saying this? If I am not wrong, this business was started by you. Didn't you say that you made it so big coz of your hard work and talent? You have so much respect in the business circle who swear by your honesty and great business sense. What happened to all of that?

Shaurya sadly: Maybe I lost my Midas touch?

Mehak: There is nothing called as that. You got success because of your hard work and nothing else. It is nothing to do with luck. You might have faced failures before too but you didn't give up and bounced back with a new vigor to achieve your dreams. I know my Shaurya who is a fighter, a winner not a loser. You haven't lost anything Shaurya. I am going to be there for you always. Main humesha tumhare saath hoon.

She was crying. He couldn't hold himself back anymore and hugged her.

Shaurya: I love you Mehak. I love you very much. But I thought that after knowing about my current financial status, you would not want to marry me and that's wh..

Mehak broke the hug and hit him on the chest: How could you Shaurya? Do you think so low of me? Do you think that I fell in love with you coz you are rich. NO Shaurya I love you for what you are and will always love you no matter what.

Shaurya could see the glint of pride in her eyes when she said so. But he still had her doubts.

Shaurya: What about your family? Will they accept me? What if they reject me after learning the truth about my birth and financial status?

Mehak smiled: I don't care. The only truth that everyone should know about is our love for each other. I have full faith in you Shaurya. I love you and that is the only important truth.

Shaurya still tried to explain her the harsh reality she would face if she thinks of marrying him but she kept on dishing out various theories. He thought that someday when she found out who he was, her love would crumble but he was wrong. This woman who as standing in front of him deeply cared for him. The happiness that had evaded his life all along had finally decided to stay here with him forever.

Shaurya: But Mehak agar kuch...

Mehak interrupted him with a kiss. He was shocked with that reaction cz they had never kissed before. He had never thought his Mehak would be so bold to pull him for a kiss. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't he realize when she ended the kiss. He was left wanting for more but was upset.

Mehak looked at him with surprise: What happened?

Shaurya: I always thought I would be the first to kiss you but yahan bhi tumne mujhe hara diya. I wanted to kiss you first and you...

Mehak simply laughed. After the kiss, when she saw the look of disappointment on his face, she thought tht  maybe he didn't like it but after hearing the reason from him, she couldn't control her laughter.

She pulled his cheeks and hugged him tight.

Mehak smilingly: You are cute...I love you Shaurya.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mehrya Memories - II